The Regional Manager is accountable for the profitable achievement of sales objectives associated with their assigned market with responsibility for creation, implementation and execution of strategic sales initiatives for all levels of trade including On/Off Premise, National and Regional Accounts, chain and independent accounts. This position will be results oriented focusing on sales goals and initiatives, profitability, marketing, and growing brand positions with distributors as well as in the marketplace.
Territory: CO, UT, NM, WY
*Position will be available to start 1/1/2019
* Ensure execution of the developed sales strategies, objectives, depletion and shipment goals and targeted revenue generation by partnering with distributors and key retailers in the specified market.
• Develop new business relationships with decision makers while identifying potential customers and developing a business plan to reach them.
• Manages key distributor relationships-including but not limited to pricing models, programs, incentives, and the ability to audit billbacks and take corrective action when needed
• Regional Managers are expected to promote brands and increase brand awareness by increasing brand visibility and conducting staff training/ education programs within their distributors & accounts
• Assist and participate in trade and consumer events.
• Meets annual depletion, shipment, profit and performance goals.
• Assists Division Manager in developing and managing sales forecasts, programs and budgets.
* Possess drive, motivation and acute attention to detail in ensuring all sales opportunities are captured and explored
• Established working relationships with key accounts and distributors in given territory
• Professional, organized and ability to thrive in highly competitive environment
• Ability to make smart business decision based on growing sales, profitability and market shares
• Proven track record of successful selling
• Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills
• Persuasive public speaking and presentation skills and the ability to close deals
EXPERIENCE / TRAINING / EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
• Experienced in selling domestic and international fine and luxury wines and spirits.
• Brand building and outside sales experience is preferred.
• Computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT a must); experience using Diver is preferred.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule depending upon the needs of distributors and customers.
• Distributor knowledge and distributor management experience
• CSW certification or ability to obtain preferred
• Ability to successfully complete a background check